Monday, August 06, 2007

Things I learned from my room mates in Iqaluit

1. How to make an awesome vegetable lasagna, and the awesome ness that is "oven-ready" lasagna pasta (how come I never knew about this invention before?).

2. How to make a quick and impressive brownie cheesecake dessert.

3. That Bran muffin mixes are delicious! Esp with fresh blueberries.

4. That Aveda shampoo and conditioner is so good!

5. That oven fries should be made without salt.

6. iPods and iTunes (I know, welcome to the 21st century).

7. PC ethnic sauces "memories of..." are pretty good.

8. By the way, I only had 2 packs of instant noodles while I was there, cuz lunches were paid for, and we took turns cooking dinner.

9. That everybody but me works out. Today, I joined the local gym. The "cardio" setting on the elliptical machine is great (the resistance changes to meet my target heart rate, which is 155. Otherwise, I usually only reach 145 on the easy setting). I will try to go 3 times/week for cardio with at least 1 yoga session or other class.

10. That gap perfumes are not bad.

1 comment:

d. said...

wow...you have pretty talented roommates...my roommate would learn nothing from me...hehe...

you're really motivating me...maybe I should join a gym too!